The Hartville Migrant Center
is seeking 2 people to fill paid summer positions through the
- The position is paid from June 6, 2016 through August 14, 2016.
- These are salaried positions being paid approximately $400 every 2 weeks with an additional educational award of $1,400 in a trust at the completion of the 10 weeks that can be used for paying for college or paying on student loans.
- It is a mandated 37.5 hours per week with no time off for vacation.
- The two areas that the workers will be addressing is first compiling historical information about the center into a computerized base and creating a presentation that can be used for fundraising.
- The second will be to create medical data bases, updating current data bases, and collecting personal information for patient charts including a photo for identification.
Each applicant must apply through this link: AmeriCorps. Once applied, the applicants will be referred to the Hartville Migrant Center personal and interviews will be conducted to find the best person for each position. All staff will be in place by May 6th for a start date of June 6, 2016.
Criteria to apply:
- 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate or has GED
- Able to speak Spanish is a plus but not mandatory
Happy Volunteer Week from the Hartville Migrant Ministry!
We could not exist without all of our volunteers!
The Hartville Migrant Center has a playground!
Thanks to Hartville Mennonite Church for donating the funds and Alex Changet, a local Boy Scout, for building the set.
The children will be so thrilled when they arrive in April and see the new addition to the Migrant Center.
The Hartville Migrant Ministry is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and appreciates the generous donations from congregations, corporations, foundations, and individuals who want to help our ministry. Donations are used to support our programs, including the April through October operation of the Hartville Migrant Center, its office staff, and program support personnel.
Financial donations, goods, services, and volunteer hours are gratefully accepted.
All donations are tax-deductible.
Hartville Migrant Ministry now accepts online donations through PayPal at our website: www.hartvillemigrantministry.org
Donations can also be mailed in to:
Hartville Migrant Ministry
PO Box 682
Hartville, OH 44632
Support Hartville Migrant Ministry by Shopping at AmazonSmile! When you shop at AmazonSmile this Christmas and throughout the year, Amazon will donate to the Hartville Migrant Ministry. You will find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Hartville Migrant Ministry! http://smile.amazon.com/ch/34-0899100
Donors may also designate Hartville Migrant Ministry to receive all or a portion of their pledges to the United Way of Greater Stark County through payroll deduction.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are two of the busiest shopping days of the year. Please remember to support Hartville Migrant Ministry’s while shopping on Amazon at: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/34-0899100.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
As most of you are aware, the response to The Great Pumpkin Run on Saturday 10/24/15 was so great that they sold out and are now doing the race on Sunday 10/25/15 as well. We desperately need volunteers for Sunday race from 7a-12n. If you haven’t signed up to help with either race, please consider signing up. Also ask friends, family or co-workers who you think may be interested. Here is the link to sign up to volunteer:
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again!
The Apple Dumpling Gang is a group of volunteers at St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church (1460 State St., NE, North Canton – located on State between Market Ave. N. and Route 43) who produce thousands of frozen apple dumplings. These dumpling are then sold at $9 for a package of six. They can be purchased at the church on Wednesdays Oct. 14th, 21st and 28th between 1 and 4pm. This year all proceeds will benefit: Hartville Migrant Ministry, Kairos Prison Ministries, and the Martin Center in Canton.
The October 24th Pumpkin Run has SOLD OUT!
October 25th has now been added. Be sure to register soon!
The Hartville Migrant Ministry is a charity partner for the Akron/Canton Pumpkin Run.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR THE GREAT PUMPKIN RUN
Two days to choose from: Volunteers are needed from 6AM-noon on Saturday, October 24, 2015 and from 7AM-1PM on Sunday, October 25, 2015
-must be at least 16 years old
-must be able to be on feet all morning
-must be able to be on time and stay for the duration of the event
-must be able to SMILE 🙂
Maize Valley Winery
6193 Edison St NE
Hartville, OH 44632
After parking, please follow the signs to the Volunteer and Registration area
(Please mention that you are volunteering for the Hartville Migrant Ministry when signing up and checking in)
Please contact Nicole for more information: (330) 877-2983 or firstname.lastname@example.org